Thursday, October 13, 2011

Week 5

I've completed and emailed my assignment for my final evaluation, and I'm glad that it is something I will really use. I definitely learned some new ideas and was reminded of things I had let slip away. Today I did something unrelated to the course but a technological advancement nonetheless: I put the finishing touches on getting the Kindle and the IPAD into circulation. Perhaps it will increase reading. I hope so.
One thing I'm feeling as I come to the end of the class is that maybe I should get out. I never wanted to be that old guy who is mean to the kids and can't do the job. I'm not that; I'm kind to them, and I have lots of energy. I just don't share the faith that's sweeping the profession. No podcast can replace kneeling down next to a boy's desk and looking him in the eye. The apostles all say that that's not the intention, but it doesn't feel that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment